Thursday, January 31, 2013

Running Horse

I'm starting a new feature on the website to highlight art that is either inspired by Native Americans or created by Native Americans. My mother was an artist, and she loved Native American art in all its forms, so it feels appropriate to honor that creative spirit, both hers, and theirs. 

This first image is my own Native American-inspired digital art. It was inspired by a photo I found while searching through the Library of Congress' online image catalog. The photo is circa 1899 and is described as a "Sioux man wearing feathered headdress." It is titled, Running Horse. You can click on the title that appears beneath the image to be taken to the original LOC image.

Running Horse Sioux Native American

This is just the first of what I hope will be many art pieces to be shared here--and not just my own. I'm planning to focus mostly on Native American-created art pieces, more than anything else. This piece is just something I was inspired to create today, so I thought I would share it.